Trees are a great assist to not only to improve your yard, but to nature itself. Proper care is important to maintain the health and longevities of your trees. Depending on a trees species, age, and location can determine the type of care needed. Trim or Prune to maintain your tree’s health and appearance is an important procedure. That is why it is recommended to trim your tree’s regularly to keep them healthy. Another factor to consider when trimming a tree is where it is located. For example, trees in Jacksonville, Florida are recommended to be pruned only after 2-5 years after being planted. Then after that, you can prune it 1 to 3 years, depending on its type. Just be aware that trees in Florida mostly have shallow roots, so it is important to allow them to root first.
Proper Trimming Cuts
It is crucial to know the proper trimming technique to avoid harming the tree. You should cut at the collar of the branch where the branch attaches to the main trunk. When you do this, you also lessen the chance of decay to spread into the main trunk of the tree. Also, always wear proper protective attire when performing tree trimming and use the proper tools to avoid injury.
Trimming of Trees Before a Storm or a Hurricane
- Trim for Strength- eliminating multi-trunks and leaders will stimulate the growth of just one main trunk. It is also important to remove any diseased or injured branches or limbs.
- Trim for Form- prune the tree to restore its beautiful form. Eliminate the excess lateral branches to produce a ladder effect when the tree matures.
If there is one thing that professional arborists don’t do to a tree is topping. A huge amount of the canopy is removed from the tree during topping. After it is done, you are only left with branch stubs that can attract pests and insects.
This practice is mostly done to pave way for structures and vehicles; however, this is a poor pruning practice. Excessive lifting removes most of the lower branches that will, in turn, cause the tree to be top heavy and will increase the risk of branch failure. Further, it deforms the tree.
Choosing a Florida Tree Trimming Service
Do not choose just any tree service that offers you their service. It is vital to know the right people to do your tree care because it can be dangerous and it involves risks. Choosing the wrong tree company will cost you more money and may damage your property. Here are some of the thing you should consider when selecting a tree company:
~The tree company should have a County License and don’t hesitate to ask for documentation.
~Should have good reviews on Yelp, Google, and listed in Yellow Pages.
~Has insurance for property damage and personal liability. Again, ask for documentation.
Do not trust easily. Always ask for proof before selecting a tree service company in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Remove Dangerous Trees
- Tree Stump Grinding Services
- SHRUB/BUSH REMOVAL AND TRIMMING
- Jacksonville Area Tree Removal
- Tree Removal in Prep for Hurricane Season
- Land Clearing Tree Removal
- Tree Trimming And Landscape Mulching
- Levels Of Tree Care
- To Your Trees Health
- How to Pick a Tree Service
- Equipment Needed to Cut a Tree
- Tree Pruning in Jacksonville Florida
- Hanging Tree Branch Trimming
- Florida Tree Trimming